Privacy Statement Effective as of May, 2020
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect information from you when you register on the Site, respond to communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Information that we collect may include: items searched for; name and address; e-mail address; searching patterns; any reviews submitted and accompanying information; credit card information; and financial information, including accounts at financial institutions. This list is not exclusive, and may be altered without notice based on information that you supply.
- Right to Refrain from Giving Information: You have a right to refrain from giving us certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of all of our features. We use the information that you provide to enhance our services, such as responding to your requests and improving our Site experience for you and others.
- E-mail Communications: We communicate and make special offers available via email. To help us make e-mails more useful, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from the Company if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: From time to time, we receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret web browser-based “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals other than cookies, we do not currently respond to undefined “DNT” signals to the Site.
2. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your Site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other Site feature.
3. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
- The information that we collect about our customers is an important part of our business. We respect and value this information, and do not want to jeopardize the flow of information between our customers and the Site. Therefore, we are not in the business of selling this information to other websites or businesses. There are circumstances where we do share some customer information, and this is outlined immediately below.
- Disclosure Regarding Service Providers: We may contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting the Site, product review pages, sending out information or promotional offers that may be of interest to you (e.g., via email, direct mail, or on mobile devices), and analyzing the Site. We provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information they need to deliver those services. These companies and their employees are prohibited from using that personal information for any other purpose.
4. Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your Site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
5. Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Securing your personal information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure your information. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and there is always a risk in transmitting information electronically. The personal information we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our service providers. We use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect your information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Of course, any information to you post to any message board, discussion group, or other public posting area on this Web site is available to anyone with Internet access.
If you create an account on the Site, you will be asked to choose a password for your account, in which case your online account information shall be protected by your password. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
6. Privacy and Third Party Links
7. Online Policy Only
8. Questions and Complaints
475 N Martingale Rd, Suite 1050
Schaumburg, IL 60173
9. Important Notices to Non-United States Residents
It is important to note that the Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any visitor information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Site and/or providing us with your visitor information, you consent to this transfer.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2016 will receive information regarding 2015 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from Company please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “REQUEST FOR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY INFORMATION” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
11. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years of age. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may send an email message to email@example.com with “REQUEST FOR CHILD INFORMATION REMOVAL” on the subject line and the name and age of the child in the body of the message. We will then make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for the Site.