Increase Speed-to-Quote Using Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) for a Better Underwriting Experience
Convr’s d3 Intake™ decisioning engine eliminates manual submission paperwork by ingesting, preparing and analyzing submissions for a more effective, digital process.
By automating and digitizing the insurance application process, leading carriers enable underwriters to quote faster, with more confidence and enhanced application data as well as additional insights.
As commercial P&C carriers modernize and digitize the underwriting experience, d3 Intake is often the starting point offering quick results and real business impact.
With Convr’s d3 Intake, you can:
Realize faster speed-to-quote
Digitize and centralize the submission data extraction process, transforming both the underwriting and customer experience.
Drive efficiency with straight-through processing
Ingest, organize and digitally store all your documents in a single Digital Asset Library, including ACORD forms, loss histories and SOVs - virtually any structured or unstructured document.
Avoid data leakage
Collect, analyze and retain all the information you’ve captured in the application process. Keep and use those insights to inform future pricing models, quote denials or acceptances.
Reduce Underwriting Cycle Times and Costs
with d3 Intake
Digitally transform Submission-to-Quote and drive greater efficiencies
One of the four components of the Convr Underwriting Command Center, d3 Intake eliminates manual entry with its patented Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) technology, which digitally processes submission documents such as loss histories, SOVs and ACORD forms – including any structured or unstructured documents.
Commercial P&C Carriers
Innovate with IDP
d3 Intake utilizes its patented, AI-driven IDP engine to digitize, organize and prepare submission documents so underwriters can spend more time underwriting and less time on administrative tasks.
IDP does the Heavy Lifting for Commercial P&C Carriers
Digitally manage clearance and file preparation
Achieve Straight-Through Processing (STP) from a suite of insurance-specific AI models developed over the past six years in working with carriers that see over 80% of the premium flow in the market.
Empower underwriters to bring their own data
Easily integrate your own data with Convr’s third-party data sources to gain a holistic view of a given business and to build more confidence in risk selection.
Digitize and centralize structured and unstructured data
Take advantage of Convr’s machine-learning P&C models that are pre-trained on thousands of ACORD applications, loss runs and other key insurance documents.
Continually train to expand insights
Improve accuracy and confidence over time with Convr’s self-learning AI-decisioning engine that gets smarter with experience.
Build your own tailored workspace
Ensure your underwriting team is informed and in control of the entire underwriting process from submission to quote.
Understand underwriting fitness
Define configurable business rules against your document data sets to determine the suitability of each document for STP vs Human In the Loop (HITL) processing.
Patented IDP Capabilities
- Ingest high volumes of structured and unstructured documents in configurable stages. An example would be prioritizing sources such as taking the broker name and address from the email body instead of an ACORD 125 form.
- Extract and digitize select data fields for Clearance, File Preparation and Underwriting Insights.
- Navigate, verify and analyze field-level documents with "High" or "Low" confidence scores to enable underwriters to benefit from STP and in-line quality control (HITL).
- Use digitized submissions to synthesize with big data to produce in-line, real-time, cross referenced business classifications, answers and scores, ultimately improving underwriting productivity.
- Transform digitized submissions into enterprise assets and insights for data science and underwriting teams by retaining critical information such as Bound Policies, Quotes Not Taken (QNT), Business Fitness, etc.
Intake Clearance ingests, classifies, and stores structured and unstructured submission documents in configurable stages through its patented and industry-trained machine learning models, enabling the digital automation of clearance and new account setup.
- Digitize a broad array of formats including PDF, Word, Excel, and email body documents.
- Manage a wide variety of carrier-specific documents, including ACORD forms, Statements of Value (SOVs), Loss Runs as well as trailing documents that you can upload email, or shared via Convr Connect APIs.
- Label and store documents with “High” or “Low” confidence indicators, prioritizing for underwriters what documents require their attention the most.
- Guide underwriters in honing their workflow to identify documents that need their attention based on data-driven confidence indicators
- Define field requirements, source prioritization, and fitness rules required for STP with a simple-to-configure command center UI and Convr APIs for high-volume processing and submission visibility.
Intake File Preparation
Intake File Preparation ingests, classifies, and stores structured and unstructured submission documents and enables underwriters to be in control as the “human in the loop” validation point and correction of "high" and "low" confidence documents.
- Extract information, through its patented and industry-trained machine leaning models, to enable a more efficient approach to preparing the underwriting file for analysis.
- Intake File Preparation simplifies the underwriting process by “unpacking” the submission – for example, extracting documents from zip files, locating hyperlinks and more.
- A simple-to-use interface enables In-line Quality Control (QC) so underwriting teams and BPOs can visualize side by side the actual document and structured view to fix and/or validate data element(s) for underwriting insights and analysis.
Underwriting Insights provides an in-depth analysis into key data with prioritized user views of submission applications from the Intake File Preparation step.